Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable guys telling customers they own cable in

The cable co. owns from the ground block back to the pole or ped. whichever is in place. I contract,(SUB.) both Dish Net & DTV. If the cx. is dropping cable & the internet I will use what is in place,if it meets the standard for the type of system being installed. If the cx. is dropping the video & keeping the internet, I will run the solid copper core & if thats not needed for the system I`m installing, I will hook it to thier Modem so thy might get a little better service there. I never use anthing existing thats takes replaceing splitters w/barrel connectors. I will always run new before that,no matter what. I never cut the cable,use a barrel to save a few feet of coax. I don`t cut the ends off thier drops nor will I cut a drop loose from the house,even if the cx. asks me to. Now, that being said: If a cable tech. comes along & screws up my job because he thinks the cable co. owns the cable on the house side of the ground block, or he`s just lazy,or just in a rotten mood. I will call the local cable office, talk to a supervisor & explain the situation. Then the next time my job was screwed up by one of thier tech`s  it could be on!! Anything in that system that even looks like it might be in my way or abother in any way it wouldn`t be there any more. I give respect untill I get none in return. I started in cable 25 years ago, Knowledgeable in both. I still do audits & remarkets sometime w/decent turf & prices. when doing it I give the Sat. installers the same respect I want. Hope the next cable tech. will be better on your work.
                                           Have a good one,
                                                                     TONY
THELONER
This is CABL.com posting #291287. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnWl
Posted in reply to: Cable guys telling customers they own cable in or by thelastjet
There are 0 replies to this message