Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Try this math...

The problem with cutting programs is that for every program you cut, you upset the people those programs helped,and officials make themselves vulnerable.You cut a farmer's program,and then you're made out to be someone who is anti-farmer. We the people fall this trick everytime. o politicians should not get all the blame. 

I  feel our progressive tax code is just fine.  The Fair Tax has alot of problems, and IMO is not something that could work in real life. But thats an enitre different argument that will continue to be debated.

I think our founders had it right with term limits. I feel the 17th amendment leaves it up to the people to decide exactly who they want to represent them. Since the people can vote you out at any time they feel you don't need to be there, there really is no such thing as unlimited terms,IMO.  Cutting their pay and bennies will do nothing more than attract less desirable people. Government competes with the private sector for talent. Government must, at least, stay competitive to have a chance at attracting good talent.  I actually think we should consider raising their pay to attract better talent.  Why would someone consider working in government when they can make double or triple in the private sector.

I don't feel everyone in Washington is a bum, like many of you feel. I think most of them are good people.  It is my opinion that it is very easy to crticize the people who have the job of making the tough decisions.  I think the people in Washington are a good reflection of who we the people really want in office.  We say we want good normal people in office. But in reality we don't. We quickly disqualify people for the dumbest things.  Someone makes aminor mistake on their taxes, we call them un-American.  Someone has a DUI 30 yrs ago, we ding them for it. Someone has a different sounding name, we won't look at him. Someone who has cameras and microphones in their face 16 hour a day for years, slips and says something off color, we flip out. We say we just want regualr good people in office.  But in reality we want people who can make themselves appear like they are the perfect citizen.  The best people for Washington, IMO, are the folks who dare not run because they have made a mistake or 2 in their lives. We wouldn't even think about giving these people a chance at Washington. We have higher standards for government officials than the private sector, but pay less than the private sector. Not the best formula, if you ask me.

One thing I think we all must keep in mind.  Everything that comes out of Washington that you don't support, theres somebody else out there who supports it.
This is CABL.com posting #290820. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnOO
Posted in reply to: Re: Try this math... by MCT-40
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Try this math... MCT-40 2/9/2010 4:06:06 PM