Create your free account now! Sign up

I let my wife drive

My wife and I were leaving to go to my nieces confirmation, and the church is in the city, a 45 mi ride down the mountain. So, were running late leaving the house.  My wife was already outside in the truck, honking the horn. I come out and she is in the driver seat. I get in and tell her "I will drive ". "No, I don't think so, you drive to slow" was her reply. " your telling me now, after 30 yrs, I drive slow" I asked? She didn't say anything, just smiled, and let the clutch out and down the road we go. We head down the mountain, 2 lane for about 10 miles and then opens up to 4 lane rest of the way. So she is in some what of hurry, and were doing 65 in a 55 and we come around this curve, and here is a state trooper, that just pulled out in front of us. I'm looking for the brake pedal on the floor with my foot, and my butt hole is puckering, I'm not a very good at riding shotgun. Follow him for a couple miles, he pulls off, nothing happens. "Damn,,, your Irish is with you today" I said. She looked at me and smiled. Now we are on the 4 lane, and there is a area that is usually patrolled pretty thick. "I tell her that she better slow down. Nope, hammer down. Well,,  we come around another curve here is a county mounty, just pulling over some other sucker. I looked at my wife again and just shook my head and looked at her speed, then just lit another cigarette. So, now we are in the canyon, no one else on the road. Tight curves for about 4mi, and she is taking the inside lane on the turns, I grab my OH SHIT handle and hold on. "Damn,,you better be slowing down" I said, as we're coming into another speed trap area, where it opens up to the flatlands. My wife hammers down, and we come around the last curve, and here is Barney Fife with another sucker pulled over. We blow past him like the wind, he gives us a crusty ole look. I look at the wife and say "Damn the luck of the Irish". She looks at me and says "What" with a shit eatin grin. "If that was me on my scooter, ah,, never mind . We made it to the church, we were early. After church, I made it to the truck first. 
This is CABL.com posting #289298. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnqg
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: I let my wife drive RadioMan 1/26/2010 10:49:31 PM
Re: I let my wife drive jmiller 1/26/2010 3:49:16 AM
Re: I let my wife drive drifterdawg 1/26/2010 1:49:25 AM