Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Charter Communications New Feild Tech needin

Well I feel your pain we all had to learn and ask questions at some point in our careers, I sub contract for charter, we do about everything over here, a tid bit about installs, just know how to set up your splitter junction correctly, make sure your outside wires are trimmed good, make sure your fittings are made correctly, cause if you cant make cable fittings right well its obviously not going to make you a good cable guy

Meter wise we run our modems from -12 to +12 incoming and 35-50 outgoing, a decent one i use is the sadelco displaymax 5000, its batterylife sucks and sometimes its a piece of junk but it works good, it reads of course signal mer ber leakage ingress and return modem (which takes about 5 mintues for the return) really just being out there and doing the job is the best way to get good at your job theres no real cheat sheet to help you out, just take advice from everyone here and make sure that all your outside wiring is up to spec and your drops are tagged correctly so you do not get in trouble.

dont feel ashamed for asking questions I drove my lead nuts my first couple weeks, just remember when doing an install and your running wire ask yourself "is this the way I would wire my home?"
This is CABL.com posting #288188. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbm8m
Posted in reply to: Charter Communications New Feild Tech needing As by tgivens1
There are 0 replies to this message