Create your free account now! Sign up

sounds good doesn't it

I think this sounds good. But not realistic given the governments track record of running medicade, post office and social security. Not just the dems fault either so let's get that out of this. I think it is optimistic at best but can't happen.

The soon-to-be amended Senate health care bill will cost $871 billion over 10 years according to a new, long-awaited report by the Congressional Budget Office.

That's about $22 billion more than the bill was originally expected to cost, before the new changes--including nixing the public option--were offered to the bill. Democrats replaced the public option with a new plan to allow national or multi-state, non-profit insurance plans, regulated by the federal government, to sell insurance on state exchanges.

The CBO has concluded that, on average, premiums will be the same as they would have been if the Senate had the public option, but that the public option saved the federal government more money by putting downward pressure on the premiums of low-cost private plans, which will be heavily subsidized.

The bill remains a big deficit slayer--$132 billion in the first 10 years. Over the next 10 years, CBO warns all estimates are very uncertain. But here's a key conclusion: "CBO expects that the legislation, if enacted, would reduce federal budget deficits over the ensuing decade relative to those projected under current law--with a total effect during that decade that is in a broad range around one-half percent of GDP."

Senior Democratic aides are suggesting that the bill could reduce the deficit, compared to deficits projected under current law, by as much as $1.3 trillion.

I really don't see it reducing the deficit. How? They are spending more. Where is the money coming from? Taxing more people? Taxing people who get better plans more for having a better plan? Where? If it is government it is suspect.
This is CABL.com posting #287028. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmPE
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: sounds good doesn't it sab3r 1/13/2010 4:23:51 PM
Re: sounds good doesn't it drifterdawg 1/9/2010 6:50:15 PM
Re: sounds good doesn't it Trey9007 1/9/2010 4:55:29 PM