Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Investers

i was very successful being self employed as a residential housing contractor and as a sweeper/splicer and having been fairly successful as in-house "framer", cable tech, etc.

i loved the freedom of being self employed. i loved the money. the only thing is, you always have a boss. you always have to answer to someone.

i enjoy being in house too. the freedom to just work and solve problems without the headache of dealing with all the administrative bullshit is also great.

the final decision for me came when i got divorced from my first wife. a man who is self employed has to put his business before anything else. he has to go without at home to maintain payroll and out of town housing. he has to leave his family at home on nights that he works late because he HAS to. he goes without vacation so his men can take one. he buys a new bucket truck while his wife drives a "beater". he stays up late doing the "books" and other paperwork while his employees are at home playing with their kids. he has no extra time.

i have 4 children to raise. i have a wife that needs a husband. i dont have time to pursue contracts, get vehicles repaired, travel out of town, hire/fire, train. for me, i choose to spend my extra time being a good father and husband.

this is only my choice. i dont have a recommendation to anyone else. good luck with whatever you choose to do.
This is CABL.com posting #286505. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmHd
Posted in reply to: Re: Investers by goodsky
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Investers cabledawg71874 1/6/2010 5:15:39 AM