Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: not a put down

You say our government cant do anything right.  First, let me say that I'm really not a pro-government kind of guy.  I just like to stick with the facts, and the facts say our government does pretty good. 

For example, people  have fell for the Rush and Hannity rhetoric, and think the US is a nation of capitalism.  It's not.  If you do your research, you will that the US economy is, and always has been, considered a mixed economy. There is no such thing as an economy based on nothing but capitalism.  Our economy has 2 entities.  The free market, and a central government.  This has been the case for hundreds of years. Our economy is best on the planet. But when the economy does bad, people tend to blame government. But when the economy is doing well, people actually forget that government is a major part of our economy. Hell, many even forget we have mixed economy when times are good, and credit capitalism and the free market for all our economy's success.   My point is, our government with all its faults, plays a major role in the most powerful economy in the world.  If that aint saying something, I don't know what is.

You say more people will quit their jobs to get free healthcare. Then you say people who don't work now, get free healthcare. My question to you is, why aren't people quiting to get this free healthcare now.  I can't really see this happening.  Healthcare doesn't pay bills. 

I agree, healthcare is a real issue.  If you listen to the Dems, and stop allowing other to put words in their mouths, you will realize they all say this is just the begining of healthcare reform.  Just like Medicare. Medicare has been tweaked MANY times since it's conception. Medicare, at first, only covered an individual.  Then it was revised to cover spouses and dependents.  Then it was changed to cover widows. I would expect healthcare reform would go through the same kind of tweaking for the next couple of decades. 

IMO, all we need is an FCC type board to regulate the health insurance industry.   Just like the FCC regualtes the price and performance leves of of the telecom industry, I think we could achieve the kind of reform we need the ssimilar to the way it was achieved in our industries. Government should mandate price and service levels, and let the free market take care of the rest.  No public option is needed.  Just set the rules, and let the players play.
This is CABL.com posting #286502. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmHa
Posted in reply to: Re: not a put down by Sweeptech2004
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: not a put down Sweeptech2004 1/6/2010 12:13:29 AM