Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Universal Health Care

Sab,

The government is not and will not ever run health care. I think that they have learned their lesson with Social Security. That being said, the sole purpose of a public option was to force the insurance providers into a corner and force them to lower the prices (via competition) of the services that they provide.  Without direct competition prices just keep going up and up.

Medicaid is rampant with fraud. Doctors and hospitals double and triple billing for services. Aspirin that should cost only 50 cents being billed at $400. The cuts to medicaid to partially fund this bill should knock most of the fraud out.

I fear that without a public option to force competition, what is going to happen to health care is the same thing that happened to auto insurance. Every single auto insurer uses your credit as a base for your premium. WTF does your credit have to do with your ability to pay your premium?

After reading the House version and the Senate version of the bill, I don't see where you get that illegals will be covered.

finally, I have a friend who has insurance who recently suffered a catostrophic illness. His insurance company denied his claim because he had whooping cough as a child and he didn't list it on his application. WTF is that about. His medical bills are about $125,000. He is being forced to file bankruptcy as a result.

These insurance companies are all about profit and nothing else. This bill will correct this bullshit.

Dale
This is CABL.com posting #285419. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmpH
Posted in reply to: Re: Universal Health Care by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Universal Health Care sab3r 12/29/2009 3:23:46 PM