Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time warner news

The networks don't force the cableco to pay & carry. Our government does that.  I'm not going to pay period. Maybe I wasn't clear before, but I get my network reception (along with several channels the cableco doesn't provide and neither does satellite) over the air (OTA) using antennas that I purchased. I went back to the 'old school' way of watching television and getting my news. From VHF & UHF OTA stations, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC,PBS, a few weather channels, a couple of movie channels, independent networks, Retro TV (RTV), The CW, MyTV, religious channels, even shopping channels. And all in 5.1 surround sound is the icing on the cake.

It's crazy what I get for free (legally) that the cableco & satellite charges for. If I had this package from the cableco, it would cost about $25/month before taxes. You guys should really check out what is free to be had just by using an antenna. It's amazing what things have changed. I love it. Cable goes out and I'm still watching HD programming. And if there is nothing I'm interested in, I still have my HD DVD flicks to watch.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #284990. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmiM
Posted in reply to: Re: Time warner news by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Time warner news sab3r 12/24/2009 6:51:59 PM