Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Linemen

Yea Tom Things have changed , work ethics, and the younger group coming up have all changed. You never thought twice about hooking a pole no matter where it was , if you did you where in trouble, didn't matter if it had race ways as big as your butt crack or was rotten to the core or leaning so bad it was ready to fall over , you still climb it , if you didn't you got a ribbing so bad it  embarrassed your manhood. This will be 34 years coming up in 2010 , can't climb like I could when I was in my 20's 30's or 40's but can still climb if I have to, the funny part is I remember a time in Columbus Ohio in the 90's climbing a stinking rotten pole in a backyard easement got about half way up and the whole side of the pole gave out when I gaffed into it , well I went spinning around the pole and went down in the middle of the yard , shirt ripped offed half my upper arm gone splinters every where, but the funny thing is the first thing I did was look around to see if anybody saw me, because of my pride from going down Ha Ha , Then I assessed the damages. I'm tiered , can't wait to retire and travel , fish and enjoy life while I can.
Merry Christmas to all you old line Dawgs and may you find Peace and Happiness in the coming year you all deserve it. Mac  

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.Thomas Jefferson
This is CABL.com posting #284882. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmg2
Posted in reply to: Linemen by uglyoldlineman
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Linemen uglyoldlineman 12/23/2009 8:28:02 PM
Re: Linemen digger35971 12/23/2009 11:39:36 AM