Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DTV chargebacks

I read this kinda stuff on here all the time and get a laugh b/c I dont think you guys really understand the differences in the cable. VOP or Velocity of Propogation is the amount of RF signal in db the cable looses per 100 ft for the cable size at specified frequencies - the smaller the cable the more signal you loose at every part of the frequency spectrum with distance. The current cable plant spectrum is built to 1GHz for most major MSO's - mine is 750MHz; what determines this is the electronics and passives not the cable. If you want greater distances between trunk amps/LE's or money savings on electronics you put larger cables inbetween. Larger trunk/feeder cables are copper clad aluminum rather than cooper clad steel used for drop wire.

Now then, since copper is a better electrical conductor than steel it is best to use solid copper drop wire for satellite installation primarily for the transmission of low voltages needed to power the LNB. Even though satellite uses much higher frequencies the difference in drop loss between solid copper and copper clad is compariable. Hope I cleared this up.
This is CABL.com posting #283891. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbl03
Posted in reply to: Re: DTV chargebacks by Cablewisymo
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: DTV chargebacks Polehiker 12/14/2009 3:48:13 PM