Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: need upstream data help

from my experience, comcast has almost similar size sub count nodes in the south. maybe not actual miles but the sub count is similar. they have a few things they do.

one thing to do is raise the reverse input pad from 0 to 2 (or 4 i guess if needed). this helps a bit with the actual drop noise. typically i would target your upstream at about 53 to 55  (from your modem) for this to work. i think docsis format recommends no higher than 55.

i'm not a big fan of ccor to be honest. i've never worked with that old of ccor gear, but the newer (2000 or so) wasnt much fun to sweep.

i'd have to see your return spectrum from the head-end to know if going higher in freq would make a bit of difference, but i doubt it. i've seen systems with upstream center freq of 21, 24 and 31, so maybe you might have more headroom on the 31mhz.

we use aurora nodes for several different designs, i'm not aware of anything that can be done without a fiber feed. 

uh...just out of curiosity, what kind of signal do you use for upstream? qpsk, 16 bit qam?  qpsk have less data transfer but are more robust. you can go up to 64 bit qam with docsis 2.0 i think, but a huge node like that would never be able to pull it off. 

let me know what you try and what ends up working if you dont mind.

This is CABL.com posting #283642. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblW2
Posted in reply to: Re: need upstream data help by Chad Thomas
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: need upstream data help Chad Thomas 12/12/2009 11:22:17 AM