Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Jason Smythe Wild Blue

Oklahoma Cable, Wildblue pole Installs require one of two options with no exceptions:  8ft long Schedule 40(9 Gauge), 2 inch diameter pole.  Or a 8ft long schedule 40 (9 gauge), 2&3/8 inch pole with an approved mast adapter.  Wildblue, like DTV and Dish have lists of approved supplies.  Jim and other techs try to get by with non-approved equipment and end up getting busted in the end.  Jim was using a pole that fit the description above except that it was only 1.9 inches in diameter.  In order to keep the dish from spinning on the pole he was shoving a piece of ground wire between the dish and the pole.  Hence the service calls, after awhile the plastic gets squished and the dish spins on the pole.  A tech can charge up to $175 for a pole mount.  Wildblue charges me back completely for the pole mount and the Install for every bad pole mount my company is responsible for.  The real issue is that for each WB dish that is misaligned but working it uses the bandwidth of several other systems that could be sold and Installed.  Its the same issue with non-approved non compliant cable.  I had a tech that actually lost his certification over using the wrong cable and then I had to go out and reinstall about 15 systems.  They caught him prettty quick.  Jason Smythe
This is CABL.com posting #283517. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblU1
Posted in reply to: Re: Jason Smythe Wild Blue by Jasonleesmythe
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Jason Smythe Wild Blue marty sullivan 12/11/2009 2:18:34 AM
Re: Jason Smythe Wild Blue hookman 81 12/10/2009 7:00:54 PM