Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Degraded analog pictures

We had spare fiber available so installed SA 6940 node closer to housing area eliminating: splitters, Trunk/Bridger, around 2000' of .500 hardline and a .750 to .500 block splice.  Installed new Power Supply unit in housing area.
Rebalanced at designed 48(Ch76)/39(Ch5) at node outputs and SA 550 LEs.  Eliminating some possible noise and a clean feed directly into housing area.  We placed node in the mddle of housing area, creating 2 feed from node launch amp.  I do beleive that I have two separate problems.  One with bad cable connector causing mid-band hump and second with horizontal lines.  Feed one from node hits splitter, 5 taps, Le, splitter, 5 taps, LE, splitter then Trunk amp/bridger.  Pic's look fine at this point, but as we move further away from node pictures in 65-76 start to develop faint horizontal lines.  After about 2 LE cascades lines become more apparent in same channel band.
Similar problem on second feed out of node launch amp.  No midband hump.  Pic's are fine inside of 6 amps of node.  Could I be driving my LE and amps too high for Channels 4-76, 550Mhz?  Thanks for the replies...
This is CABL.com posting #283226. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblQk
Posted in reply to: Degraded analog pictures by catvcarlos
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Degraded analog pictures sab3r 12/8/2009 5:12:43 PM