Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines?

DBhead...the problem with the phone lines all goes back to the seller. They tell the customer a price for a two or four room install and fall to inform them of the phone requirements to avoid the additional outlet fee of $5.00. So...when the  customer recieves their bill and it is $5.00 or $10.00 higher than they expected they are upset and call Dish to bitch about it. Dish explains the phone requirement and the customers blames the technician because "He should have explained it to me" Myself??? I have every customer sign a form stating..."I understand that any and all dual-tuner receivers installed must be continuously connected to an active phone line to avoid the $5.00 additional outlet fee. I also understand that Dish Networks confirmation process will be the sole method utilized to determine if your monthly additional outlet fee(s) will be waived." Seems I have no problems and if they would like me to install a phone line for them...it's a simple $30 which saves them $90 over a two year period. Simple and easy to explain. And if you're doing quality work...inform them to cancell the DHPP after the free nine months to save another $90 and leave them your number for service. Joke with them and tell them with the $180 you saved them, IF they ever need service they can more than afford to call a "LOCAL" guy that knows their system. Now you're their friend and not just another face. I use white tape and leave my number on every reciever I put in.
This is CABL.com posting #283127. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblOJ
Posted in reply to: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? by dbhead
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? cabledog 12/7/2009 1:36:11 PM