Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines?

Okay. I am a former DNS lead tech. And I got my son into DNS before I quit to start contracting about four years ago. I just got off the phone with him, and yes, Dish is now tracking phone connections kind of like DTV. But...according to an inhouse memo, they ARE NOT requiring you to carry and install phone lines/jacks. What they want is for you to make sure and install the phone line "if the customer has a jack within 20-25 feet",so you can use the phone extension that comes with the rx to connect it. But that's not my only source. A good friend of mine is manager for the contracting company that does work for this same DNS office, and he confirmed that they want techs to make every effort possible to connect to an existing phone jack. But thet are not required (or trained for that matter), to install new phone lines from the dmarc. So the guy your working for is probably just out to get your hard earned money on charge backs. (Probably used to work for Masd***)Check your sources again. But in South Texas, it's all good. You should get into Hughes Net. I get to charge up to 175 dollars for a pole mount, and a minimum of 85 for a dual wall drop, not to mention belly crawls and anything that's "Non Standard". And no phone lines EVER! Wooo! I love my job!
This is CABL.com posting #282352. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblCe
Posted in reply to: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? by dbhead
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? woodybeetle 12/7/2009 2:21:28 PM
Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? SATMAN/MEMPHIS 12/1/2009 11:17:51 PM
Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? cabledog 12/1/2009 7:32:31 PM