Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: MSO Inhouse techs?

Want to bet.  I am normally a in-house tech.  The real benifit of being in-house is this.  We get to take a company truck home and dont have to pay for full, we get free service from internet to free digital with all the channels, insurance.  Its not so bad.  True the pay isnt as good, but that is were overtime comes in.The bad part of being a in-house tech is, you are always on call.  When a problem occurs, we have to go out no matter what time it is.  The plus side of being a contractor is when you get done with your work.  You can go home and have to worry about going back out if anything happens and the pay is better.  But you dont get insurance, you have to drive your own vehicle and pay for your fuel.  I prefer to be in-house than a contractor.  But thats alright.  To each there own.  We all doing what we enjoy doing.  The jobs are pretty much the same and still have to go through the same BS.  Difference is, contractors get back charged and in-house gets written up.  Enough back charges and being written up comes to the same thing after awhile. 

Plus, I dont buy PC.  I build them.
This is CABL.com posting #282095. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblx5
Posted in reply to: Re: MSO Inhouse techs? by torentino
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: MSO Inhouse techs? RadioMan 11/30/2009 11:58:48 AM