Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: All this and..................

well, to start, the cpa firms of america were mostly self-governed. they had a strict code to apply to their practices which included strong ethic considerations. that worked for a long time, but in the last 15 years or so, their ability to regulate themselves (along with their credibility) has gone downhill. i believe there's now a government agency to help regulate and police their practices (i think enron was the catalyst behind that).

insurance companies have never really tried this. why should they? they do what they want.

i fully agree with having insurance on something that you are still paying for. if its not yours, you have to be able to pay for it if something happens.

health insurance is a different deal. no one knows when testicular cancer or some other obscure disease is going to take hold of them. no one knows when they are going to be water skiing and break their neck. or if you never have a problem.

i dont know what dollar amount of unpaid medical bills are written off each year. i have no idea. but i have to imagine that it is huge.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/bankruptcy_study.html

something has got to be done about this. sending people to jail for unpaid bills isnt practical, since they cant work to pay off their debt or support their families. not sure the best way to handle this, but something has got to be done.

choice and freedom are great but allowing people to constantly short the medical industry as a matter of choice is not healthy.
This is CABL.com posting #282076. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblxM
Posted in reply to: Re: All this and.................. by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message