Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: MSO Inhouse techs?

I've been on the cabl-bar for a couple of years now.  Came here as an employee of a contractor and maintained posting here after I went in-house with an MSO.  I've notice a few general patterns of those that post.

#1 - At least 80% or better of those posting are located east of the Mississippi river.  There are a handful of us west-coast techs, but not many.
#2 - Other than Sab3r and myself, I know of no others posting in the NW corner of the country.  Sab3r is in Alaska, I'm in Washington State now.
#3 - Of the techs i've turned onto the cabl-bar, most report back that they find the whining/bitching/crying from the satallite folks a turn off and they refuse to join or visit anymore.  They think it's nothing more than a Satallite tech's place or a construction worker's site (i.e. - Amp monkeys and .500 tuggers)  They're not seeing a lot of MSO-Cable techs that are doing residential installs chatting it up in here.

As an employee of an MSO ... Yes, there were times I had to really watch what I was posting.  Wasn't worried about it, just making sure no proprietary info, direct contact ph#'s, or inside-info was going out by me.  Yes .. the MSO I worked for does have written policy about forums and social sites.  Corporations ...go figure huh?

All in all ... of the inhouse techs I did find that stop in from time to time, they're just hard working folks like the rest of us.  Just no real time to post.  Kids, wifes, beer drinking, football games, and doing real life shit takes priority.  And that's cool too.
This is CABL.com posting #281948. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblvI
Posted in reply to: MSO Inhouse techs? by hookman 81
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: MSO Inhouse techs? infoaddict 11/30/2009 2:04:48 PM
Re: MSO Inhouse techs? johnmc3 11/29/2009 12:02:46 PM