Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines?

I feel the pain, it has been a standard for it to be ran with new installs etc, but most wern't enforcing it at first.  But now both Dish and Direct are cracking down on it and require it to be installed with every single box, even if they don't have phone service.
Now, in the past, the only way I could find a way around it was to just put on a sticky phone biscut in an area that cannot be accessed from behind or underneth by the QC guys.  Explain to the customer that you are required to put it there etc, even though they don't have service and don't plan on getting it.  I even had a customer call them up and explain to them he did not want me to put any phone lines in b/c all he used his line for was DSL.  They didn't care and told him it must be installed.  So he worked with me on telling the QC guys yes, it was installed, and no, it isn't going to work b/c he has no phone service lol.
What alot of people are doing too is having a system installed, making you install the phone jacks, and cancelling their service in 72 hours, and blammo, instant free phone jacks in 4 rooms that the phone company would have charged them 60 bucks apeice...
And I totally agree, we are not phone techs, leave that mess to the phone companies.  So what if the companies can't get viewing habits and the customer can't order ppv via the remote...most ppl have internet anyway and can do all that online free of charge.
Also, I'm not sure about Dish, but I do know Direct is suppose to come out with recievers that only require you to hook up one to a phone line and the others pick it up off that one box wirelessly, so they all will show a connection...but when that comes out, I do not know..
This is CABL.com posting #281944. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblvE
Posted in reply to: Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? by EshoreJoe
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? djackson8809 12/4/2009 1:44:58 AM
Re: New Dish Rule about Phone Lines? timrlly 11/29/2009 7:01:01 PM