Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: perceptions

Tip jars bug the s@#t out of me. They are always at a place where you have service at a counter. You don't see them at Burger King or McDonald's. Why would I want to tip someone for taking my order then yelling my number out when it's ready. It's not like a waiter has brought my food to the table and made sure everything is correct and to my liking. I also understand that waiters and waitress are paid less than the minimum wage and are working for tips, but people working behind the counter are making minimum wage or more, but they are not providing the service that wait-staff are. Yes I also understand you can't live off minimum wage but why should I tip someone for doing what they get paid for. No one ever tipped me for framing a pole correctly or splicing in and balancing a amp.  In some parts of the world it is an insult to leave a tip. Its saying to them go back to school and learn your job when you do leave one. I think the US is one of the only countries that think you should be rewarded for doing your job. But what the hell do I know I'm just a old fart that still takes pride in my work.

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #281488. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbloi
Posted in reply to: Re: perceptions by Sweeptech2004
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: perceptions oman 11/25/2009 9:19:39 PM