Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HELP - I need information, advise and directio

Glen, I can see your far too nice a person for this industry. There is only 1 way to make it in this business as a contractor and hard work and honesty has nothing to do with it. It deals more on the line of knowing someone personally who holds an upper management job within one of the major cable, satellite, or telcom giants. The VP of installations or one of his dealmakers. Yes, you have to grease the monkey to get the work. They are all on the take, and it has become industry standard. So, for you to make any money, you will be forced to steal from your techs usually through bogus claimes you have to create of poor workmanship and quality control guidelines that dont really exsist. I would say that over 1/2 of what directv (for one) pays out to a contracting company to get thier service operating for the customer to use, is returned to the person or people within Directv as cash gifts under the table in return for granting the contractor the contract. Directv techs have been ripped off for millions nationwide, and even after several thousand complaints to them from these techs, the contracts keep on going to the same contractors or (partners in crime). It's so obvious with Directv, I think it's part of thier business plan and the money is probably shared among thier entire executive board. Used as tax free mad money to pay for the lake home or thier mistresses diamonds. Nothing a congressman ain't done right? The business is so full of fraud it would be impossible for it to ever be legid. And if you were willing to play the game, grease the pigs, stiff the working man.. Your chances of penetrating that tightly knit lacosta nostra racket are slim to none. It would be easier finding a government purchasing agent with $50,000 hammers for sale if you understand what I am saying.
srry to hear about you son.. good luck friend
This is CABL.com posting #281069. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblhx
Posted in reply to: Re: HELP - I need information, advise and directio by Cowboy3939
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: HELP - I need information, advise and directio Cowboy3939 11/24/2009 6:54:10 AM