Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Searching for knowledge

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Television-Technology-Kaufmann-Networking/dp/1558608281

this is the first book i read (although it was the first edition). i've read alot of different things since, but this is what i consider the "bible". some of its pretty thick with formulas and such but you can just skim through that.

read as much as you can BEFORE you start talking to people. on the job training is great, but if you have no clue what you are doing, you wont get much chance. having read the material before will go much further in proving your genuine interest than anything else you can do. it is very hard to talk to someone when they do not understand the terminology.

when it comes time to talk actives, get your hands on some manuals for the actives in your system. you should know the difference between input, output and reverse/forward path BEFORE you start asking questions, this will show your true dedication.

in truth,  you need to get a hold of someone who ACTUALLY knows what they are doing. look for the person that everyone respects. then you have to become that person's bitch. =) seriously. again, this attitude will prove your determination to advance.

good luck to you.
This is CABL.com posting #281043. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblg7
Posted in reply to: Searching for knowledge by cablepup1686
There are 0 replies to this message