Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Best outdoor antenna for digital/analog off-ai

I have a couple of these antennas, but I don't use them. They are OK depending on what/how the will be used. Highly directional. I'm not a big fan of highly directional antennas. If there are multipath issues in the area these are installed in, you are very limited as to the remedies available to you to overcome what can be a major issue against attaining consistent, stable reception. In my area I get the best and consistently stable reception using 4 bay UHF antennas. I've yet to have a problem using this type in any area I've used them.

The cabling looks a little sloppy (sorry scooterz), the ground wire should not have that fork or ring connector attachment, and I am curious as to where the ground wire actually goes. The first picture just shows the ground wire going directly to the non-penetrating roof mount but then disappears. Probably just the way the picture was taken but it looks odd. Personally, I would have grounded to the base of the mast, not to the U-bolt holding the pre-amp to the mast via that fork or ring connector. The circle loops are not necessary when a longer drip loop could have been used and the cables attached to the mast to give a cleaner look and have less chance of damage occuring to the cable, since they wouldn't be so exposed. Finally, the cable from the antenna ahould have been attached to the top of the mast to keep from moving due to the weather. Well, at least that is how I would have installed it anyway.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #280495. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbk8h
Posted in reply to: Re: Best outdoor antenna for digital/analog off-ai by skidmark
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Best outdoor antenna for digital/analog off-ai scooterz56 11/17/2009 3:07:56 PM