Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: QC chargebacks

If indeed you qualify as a contractor, most states allow for the "right to remedy" Meaning if as a contractor your work product is found to be defective the client can't just go ahead and with hold monies owed you without giving you the chance to fix said defective work product.
With holding, or not paying you for work provided as a contractor is called theft of services. There are litigation processes that must be followed prior to taking your monies and even then they need to have a court order to do so.

I went through that one time with a prime I was subbing to who hired an in house QC person who was being paid on a piece meal basis. Turns out the guy was doing dope (heroin) and was faking the QC's from his truck while he was getting high.  Well one day I receive my check with 2 charge backs for $75 a pop. Outraged I asked the owner show me where I failed QC and see that one is for non grounding and then I realize that the job is only 5 blocks from the office. I walk out the door and head over to the job to unlock the lock box of the apartment building and take several digital photos of the fact that this is an MDU lock box that is grounded to the building.  I then returned to the office to show the owner and explained that obviously his junkie QC guy was QC'ing from somewhere other than the actual job in question, and went on to explain the "right of remedy" in place in NY state. At which point I got the $$$ from both charge backs and was asked not to share my information with others.

Later on the QC junkie, a self proclaimed black belt talked caca to me in front of the entire crew of contractors, at which point I said lets take this into the parking lot and go for it and I walked outside and waited. Needless to say he remained inside running his yap. Shortly after he was let go.
This is CABL.com posting #280155. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbk2N
Posted in reply to: QC chargebacks by Matt3046
There are 0 replies to this message