Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I'm not sure........

O.K., I'm gonna give this a shot..I am not an expert on law international or domestic(obviously), but shouldn't the Geneva Accord/Convention apply in that the POW's being held at G. Bay be there until the end of the war? Then be sent back to the Middle East.  If so, G. Bay should certainly stay open as I don't want them held here in the U.S..  Holding them on U.S. soil, in Cuba, seems like common sense. That's what it is there for, right?
The 9/11 attackers don't fall under the Geneva Accord in that we were not at war and, they were not "uniformed combatants". They would be considered spies and/or saboteurs.  They should stand trial either in Federal Court like Timothy McVeigh did, or in the Hague, just pick one and get on with it. If/when they are found guilty, they should be executed since that is the sentence for such a horrible crime.  I also have serious concerns with top secret info being revealed!!!

1.  The 9/11 attackers and anyone that conspired with them(before we declared war) aren't really POW's, so that should be clarified for those that think they are one in the same.  There is a difference and that needs serious consideration for actual prisoners of war.
2.  Guantanamo Bay should be "open 24 hrs" with plenty of vacancies since we are still at war.
3.  Just "KISS" and make the 9/11 criminals " go away quietly" and with no fanfare.(I can wish can't I?)

This is history in the making, and I just hope to God, we as a nation, however long it takes, do our best to get it right for all humanities sake!!!

Sure wish I had gone to law school right about now. 
This is CABL.com posting #280025. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbk0H
Posted in reply to: Re: I'm not sure........ by goodsky
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I'm not sure........ sab3r 11/14/2009 2:59:44 PM