Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: SCTE Cable Tech Expo in Denver; Trey

Trey,

No problem sir. There will always be different ideas when someone reads a post/reply. Don't mean to "put words in your mouth" as you stated...that is just how I understood your post. Sorry for the misunderstanding. As one of my old managers said back in California back in the mid-1980's: "For a business that deals with Communications on a daily basis, WE have a hard time communicating within the industry and to our customers!".

As for the Expo, read the site: http://expo.scte.org/

I am not going to beat a dead horse, but, this show has programs and workshops set up for training and the advancement of both the installer, technician or whoever. I do not understand HOW this event could have been put on BETTER for the technician as you said. I would suggest that you write the SCTE and suggest to them how to improve the Expo and put the ball in their court if you think they are not doing enough for the field technician. From what I see, they offer to everyone in this industry knowledge and training opportunities. It is up to the individual to take advantage of this.

The Expo is much different from the OTHER manufacturer shows. Yes, there were many who attended that were very possibly never up a pole or did a cable install. But you know what, not everyone has to. Just like not everyone that works for a telephone company has to be from the field to be part of their organization. FYI, I met MANY old timers who were there who were climbing poles back in the 1960's both from management for MSO's to the manufacturers that attended. I do not know where you get your "...under 3% of the attendees actually put on a pair of (I assume work) boots" calculation numbers or information. If you would have attended or been remotely interested, I am sure you would have not wrote that. As a matter of fact, I met MANY individuals who were in "suits and ties" working for the manufacturer exhibitors that I was climbing poles with on projects and jobs back in the early 1980's! So, just to inform you your 3% is way-off.

This is CABL.com posting #279871. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkYd
Posted in reply to: Re: SCTE Cable Tech Expo in Denver; Trey by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message