Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can they really charge me to have a tech numbe

You are working for a contractor that is a cheap skate! They are charging you the cost of using the software. Any ethical company would be absorbing that as a business expense. They are most likely getting charged to use it per tech, but you have to consider that they are making a lot of money off of your hard work.  They want to have their cake and eat it too! When you think about how much money they are making off of you, and they are not willing to absorb the cost of that software, but instead are passing the cost on to you, that would raise a very big red flag for me. As someone else said, keep track of everything with that company. It looks like they will stoop to anything to get money out of you.

If they were paying you 70% - 80% or something, then I could see the reasoning behind it. But I bet your lucky if your even getting 50%.

Welcome to installing cable in the 21st century!!!

Maybe they could charge you to park your truck at their office/shop as well? How about a check handling fee?

When is it ever going to end???

Good Luck to you sir!
This is CABL.com posting #278571. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkDf
Posted in reply to: Can they really charge me to have a tech number? by tatertom
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Can they really charge me to have a tech numbe SpeedLasher 11/5/2009 10:28:08 AM