Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: SCTE Cable Tech Expo in Denver

the scte cable tech expo has nothing to do with installer jobs...its about technology and training...its about the potential growth of an entire industry

it doesnt address recessions and mso's paying shitty prices. it doesn't address chargebacks and charges for running late on installs...

we let go of our last contract installers 2 weeks ago. i'm not sure if its a great decrease in install demand or if its just that we have finally reached full head count and all our installers are actually trained. service is down now, but i hope that comes from improved training and greater dedication.

i remember when comcast took over att in washington, i dont remember the exact number of lay-offs but it seems that it was in the thousands...that was 2003. that lay-off really wasnt about the kind of recession that we are in now, but i'm sure there were alot of people who felt just as shitty as people are feeling now.

and...ummm...sales IS about INSTALL TECHS....anyone who would like to look for a brighter future in installs should really be thanking the poor sons a bitches going door to door trying to sale...that is a shitty job with a huge amount of free work...nothing i would sign up for...in fact i would take up another career before turning to sales

and mso's rolling out new product DOES increase upgrades which often requires truck rolls...new product means stealing customers back from the competitor, which requires an INSTALL TECH...

is cable a booming business right now? no...its taking it in the butt just like EVERY industry right now...mso's have billions of dollars invested in hd, hsi and phone upgrades and they havent received that investment back...noy yet

on top of that...programming costs have gone up somewhere between 15 and 20 percent..health insurance 20 to 25 percent...to be honest we're all lucky to be getting a raise this year...

i'm sorry things arent going well for everyone. but sales and mso's rolling out new products ARE what will help make it better for EVERYONE (except the competitors).

good luck

This is CABL.com posting #278101. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkvF
Posted in reply to: Re: SCTE Cable Tech Expo in Denver by RadioMan
There are 0 replies to this message