Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Warrior Song

Yea yea yea.......I am saying that people CAN speak another language but shouldn't be forced to. This has nothing to do with racism. Guess what? Blacks aren't racist because they don't speak spanish. Neither am I. I am practical. It isn't necessary that anyone living in this country speak any another language but English.

The whole country shouldn't have to learn another language because people from another country came here to live, whether it is french, German, russian or martian. And it makes no one racist for not wanting to. I love spanish. I really think it is a pretty language but if you are advocating everyone learn another language to accommodate the foreigner, then who is the racist? You say you aren't and I believe you but you are backing another race over a country. Our country. This country is made up of all races and English is the only language necessary. Learn or speak another if you wish. That is fine. I do. But not because we owe someone else who wants to live here something. And not because a few people say we all need to learn Spanish. Obama says we need to learn French. You listed probably all of the languages in another thread and we can't learn them all. I don't intend to and neither to the people who live in the U.S.. They shouldn't have to.

And press 1 is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Think there is a press 1 anywhere else? Reason? If you are in another country you might want to learn their language. In fact you will need to.

But as long as you are debating the whole thing......all air controllers in the world have to know English in addition to their language. All pilots flying commercially have to know English if they are flying internationally. Why not Spanish? Because we are the pioneers of commercial flight and to come to the U.S. foreign pilots have to be able to speak English. In this country English is what 96 percent of people speak. The other 4 percent don't all speak Spanish. Some Korean, Chinese and so on. 4 percent doesn't convince me that we all need to acommodate them.

And lastly, it is disrespectful to go to a country to live and not learn their ways, laws, customs, manners and language. Disrespectful to the people who live there and to the people who work there and grew up there.
This is CABL.com posting #277740. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkpQ
Posted in reply to: Re: The Warrior Song by sweatforhire
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The Warrior Song sweatforhire 10/30/2009 4:52:56 PM