Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Warrior Song

You must be deft, this is not a english only speaking country.press #1 for english.?  You just wish it was english only. no law or mass deportation will ever change the fact.The United States does not have an official language; however, the majority of the population speaks English as a native language (some 82%). The variety of English spoken in the United States is known as American English; together with Canadian English it makes up the group of dialects known as North American English. 96% of the population of the U.S. speaks English "well" or "very well". There have been several proposals to make English the national language in amendments to immigration reform bills. None of these bills have become law with the amendment intact.
Spanish is the second most common language in the country, and is spoken by over 12% of the population The United States holds the world's fifth largest Spanish-speaking population.

Spanish is spoken by more than 500 million people worldwide, which is reason enough to learn the language. But its even more compelling when you realize that about half of the population in the Western Hemisphere speaks Spanish, making it the primary language for as many people as English in this region of the world.

In addition to its importance in the US, Spanish is also gaining importance in Europe, where it is quickly becoming the foreign language of choice after English. By learning Spanish fluently, you can often understand enough Italian and French to get by in communicating with people who speak those languages. Spanish can open the door to many millions of other people who speak one of the other Romance languages. It can enable you to become fluent in those languages in much less time than it would take somebody who is learning their first Romance language, because of the similarities in grammar and vocabulary.

In the US, the 28 million people who speak Spanish at home is well over half of the approximately 47 million people who speak a language other than English at home, meaning Spanish is spoken by more people than all other languages combined within the U.S. 

So as you can see sab, you get educated or get left behind.     sab que eres mi amigo y un día verás que todos pertenecemos juntos. I'm not spanish sab I was born in Oregon My first job was in logging on mt Hood, Back then you could put one or two trees on a truck. I met my first black man when I was 12,and picked fruit in oregon and washington with illegal mexicans to try and stay alive. There is not a racist bone in my body.

This is CABL.com posting #277691. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbko3
Posted in reply to: Re: The Warrior Song by sab3r
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: The Warrior Song LocoDawg 10/30/2009 8:23:14 PM
Re: The Warrior Song cablemn86 10/30/2009 2:51:59 PM
Re: The Warrior Song sab3r 10/30/2009 2:38:20 PM