Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Up Dish another Mastec

I live in the upstate of SC. I reluctantly applied with one of their subs only because I could work local and avoid travel expenses, and they are the only game in town right now.  I worked one day and told them thanks but no thanks.  I found out they recently cut pay rates AFTER the techs had already turned in invoices at the higher rates.  The techs only found out when they received their checks.  When I first walked into the warehouse I was approached by some techs I had worked with before.  They asked what the hell was I thinking by coming there, that it was a horrible place to work.  They've had like 20 techs quit in the past month.  Pay rates are low and chargebacks are very high (you can even be charged back more than you were paid for the job).  Up Dish recently took over routing from the sub and have been routing techs all over the place out of their areas and for instance giving Wild Blue installs to techs that don't do Wild Blue.  I guess I am going to have to go work out of town for now if I hope to make any money.

Anyone have any more information on Up Dish Services?  Where did they come from seemingly out of nowhere?  When will their contract with Dish expire?  What are the chances of them getting kicked out and Rocking R coming back to town?  Rocking R was great - they came in with decent pay rates and cleaned up the mess that Suburban Services had made.  Then this Up Dish comes in and takes over and screws things all up again.  I know, you don't have to tell me, the whole industry is going to shit right now.
This is CABL.com posting #277516. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkme
Posted in reply to: Up Dish another Mastec by erikwallace
There are 0 replies to this message