Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Degraded analog pictures

a couple of things here...

first..3 or 4 actives with 5 taps on its own will not cause you a problem...you could probably go 8 or 9 with proper system design with no trouble at all...

2nd...if you have 18 db inputs on high and you are padding to 10 or so with zero slope hitting the first chip you are fine for noise...if you have a 3 db positive tilt hitting the first chip then your low-end is about 2 db in the noise floor

3rd...if your outputs on the high-end are around 44 to 48 (depending on bandwidth) a ctb or cso issue is also unlikely. if you are trying to get more than that out of these actives (especially 3 in a row) then you may be introducing some distortion which would be easy to isolate and correct with proper levels

4th...you need a minimum ac level to power these actives. i dont remember the exact number for sa 550 gear but testing the dc voltage will tell you pretty quick if you dont have enough power. while ac can range on many actives from 90 to 35 volts (estimated), most actives require 23 to 25 volts dc or they will not work correctly. if you have plenty of ac and low dc, swap the power pac. if you have low ac and low levels on channel 2 coming into active, you have a loose seizure screw. this should be fairly straight forward and isolated quickly\

5th...if you have an old 3sr (i havent used one since 99' so i may be incorrect) you should be able to do a hum, cnr, cso and ctb test on any analog channel in question. the wavetek had a simulated cso and ctb test that were not extremely accurate but accurate enough for this situation. look for cnr to be above 40 and cso/ctb to be above 55 or so.

6th...if your horizontal lines arent moving then you can probably rule out hum
This is CABL.com posting #277284. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkiu
Posted in reply to: Degraded analog pictures by catvcarlos
There are 0 replies to this message