Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Do you think marijuana should be legalized?

Reason 2 hits it right on the head. Just like everything else our gov't does, money is the root of its power. If you legalize drugs the prisons will empty and court systems will again come down to normal size. Even if it was not for stictly medicinal purposes, the street corner violence will be less, they will generate tax revenue and the medical side of it should be smaller if you have to go to a doc to get your generic dope, it should be cheaper and not have all of the screwy additives as the corner crap.

Believe me, I got the drug talk at 12 from my father who was a Philadelphia cop, who spent most of his 28 years in the badlands. Told me that if I got caught up in a murder, he would help me as much as possible. Also told me that if I got caught up in drugs, he would let himself into the cell, break my jaw and then leave me to rot and not to come home. With that said, I have heard him talking about the drug problem and having personally worked all over the wonderful neighborhoods in Philly and its suburbs, seeing the mess that drugs cause. And after reading about prohibition, any absoulte ban never works and only ruins peoples lives. Regulate it well and here is the important part, smartly, and you will keep problems to a minimum. Alcohol and perscription drugs are prime examples of how to do it.
This is CABL.com posting #276660. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbj8q
Posted in reply to: Re: Do you think marijuana should be legalized? by bushmaster
There are 0 replies to this message