Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Poor Rush

In my view Sharpton and Rush have some commonalities but one huge difference. They both try to make money by using events of the day for their dialouge. Rush is very successful at it. I agree with his sentiment, but I think he goes over the top a little too often to prove his point. But whereas Rush commented on a specific, focused point about one person, Mc Nabb. Sharpton, and Jackson too for that matter, make a living speaking about race only and decidedly one way. I They only come out and speak about how what ever group is keeping the black people of the US down. They have been doing it for 40 years and have accomplished next to nothing.

Rush is an entertainer and fully admits it, Al and Jesse claim to be leaders of their respective communities. They themselves want to hold themselves up as people of higher moral character which their own actions have repeatedly shown to be untrue. And here is a question for Rush's comment, do you really have a problem believing the NFL could have had the viewpoint that Rush spoke of? It is not so off the charts to me in this era of political correctness and worrying about what polls and public opinion is instead of standing up for your own beliefs.

Al and Jesse want to put themselves up on a pedestal, and in my opinion use race exclusively as the sole reason to be there. If Rush goes too far, his sponsors swat him on the nose with a ad reduction. What happens to Al when he goes off the reservation? He survives on donations from those he supposedly "leads". Big difference.
This is CABL.com posting #275537. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjQj
Posted in reply to: Re: Poor Rush by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Poor Rush thetyrone 10/16/2009 1:45:01 PM