Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: everyone complaining

your about 25% right.  25% of the charge backs are from bad work.  Another percentage is from the QC guy doing something to your job to make it fail, then he quickly fixes it and gets paid for the fix.  

There is also the charge back for when their is a service call for customer ed when its not your fault.  It doesn't matter how long you sit down and explain everything to a customer, he can still do something that will mess things up and cause a service call.  Some contractors charge their techs back even if its the box or the IRD.  Stating the install tech should have known that the box wasn't perfect.  Like any of the refurb boxes that DirecTV has handed out is perfect. 

I've never known of a single team lead (and I was one of them for 9 months) who took work off of a tech's shoulders.  Its simple, you get 100 jobs and you have 20 techs.  Each tech has to do 5 jobs.  A team lead can't send work back to the MSO stating we don't have the tech force.  So show me a team lead who will take work back cause you can't do it completely. 

If you do a job by DirecTV's complete standards, 4 lines from dish, brand new lines from groundblock to IRD, grounded, phone lines to every IRD even if there is no phone service.  Then you are looking at 4 hours per job easily.  So at best you are looking at 2 jobs per day. 

What about equipment charge backs because it didn't come out of the warehouse inventory correctly.  When I did a service call for DirecTV and I had to swap out the box, most of those boxes didn't come off of my truck inventory.  And I wasn't the only one to have this problem. 

Finally,  The only way to correct this issue is to do what I did, and stop working for them.  I will no longer install a DirecTV or dish network dish.  I either do cable installs, cable maintance, or commercial networking jobs.   If all those jobs are taken, then I would work for Mcdonald's before I ever thought about working for DirecTV or Dish.  Just for all the skeptics, I have never failed a QC for any cable company. 

This is CABL.com posting #274409. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjx7
Posted in reply to: everyone complaining by mftdcomm
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: everyone complaining mftdcomm 10/11/2009 6:52:42 AM
Re: everyone complaining hookman 81 10/10/2009 12:12:21 AM