Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Unions? You have to care about each other...Ar

The union won't work. 

For one, the cabling industry is filled to the max with subs that are alcoholics and drug addicts.  If you subs would place more effort on educating yourselvs, beyond a GED, Maybe you could learn how to hire a lawyer to draw up a contract to keep your own asses from getting screwed.  I have seen it time and time again a small sub get screwed by the big sub. And I always ask the question, "Did you sign a contract?"  The answer is always "NO".

Two,  The Union is not a babysitter.  All you cry babbies want, Is someone to baby sit you so that you can continue to drink and smoke your paychecks away.  The Union is for those who want more out of their job (Health Insu, Retirement Plan, Stable work Conditions).
I damn sure haven't seen anyone on this site cry for the things that really matter.

Wise up everybody,  There is no money in installing cable systems anymore.  If youre not the GC raking in 20% of the top of the contract, Your gonna be stuck with the scraps of the pie. 
Think about it,  If your the Sub, You provide the equipment, labor, insurance, meals, hotels, bank notes, and Starv until your check comes through the snail mail.  When things go wrong, Who gets stuck holding the bag?  What Does the GC provide?   Nothing! 

The cabling industry doesn't even require a GED or High School Diploma,  90% of subs out there did good to graduate High School.
After all your hard work, sleepless nights, trips to the doctor, and completion of the Fiber to the Home project throughout a whole city,
Who gets the credit?  AT&T, Windstream, Verizon, etc.

Either you do something about it or get out.  But stop your damn crying!

P.S.  When was the last time any of you called your congressman or governor to voice their opinion on something that really matters?

This is CABL.com posting #273654. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjlW
Posted in reply to: Re: Unions? You have to care about each other...Ar by ALTEXSPLICING
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Unions? You have to care about each other...Ar hookman 81 10/10/2009 7:02:18 PM