Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is it illegal..........

And as long as there are an endless pool of noobs out there to recruit that have not yet dealt with the seedy side of cable "that's just how it works".

I mean, you take people who wouldn't know a bugnut from a grounding clamp, or RG-6 from cat 5e, and tell them they can become "data and telecommunication technicians" and that they can earn upwards of 2k a week if they put their all into it. Hey we have all heard this line "my top techs are making $3k a week out there" blah, blah, blah. Then the starry eyed noob goes out (usually after a week ride along with somebody thats been doing the job for a couple of months) and proceeds to work insane hours (because he or she has no experience on how to survey a site, or run lines effectively) and ends up trying to provision equipment at 1 am in some poor persons home while the home owner looks on in disbelief. All the while he or she thinks they will get a monster pay check the likes of which they have never seen before, only to be told more than half of their jobs had charge backs for trouble calls, but are told "not to worry cause it's your first month and you are learning and I think you are doing great, ya sure ya never done this work before" ???

Does this look all too familiar ?   " Experienced preferred, but will train the right person"  Dude, anybody that walks into the office and can pass the drug and background check is "the right person" and sometimes that gets overlooked as well.
This is CABL.com posting #272473. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbi2T
Posted in reply to: Re: Is it illegal.......... by unforgiven
There are 0 replies to this message