Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: An association is more viable than a union

here is the problem with your post TDD1...  if you are  a contractor ,  why are you doing ANYTHING for free?  if you have to rehab , bring to spec anything due to "last man out"  for installs, rehanng it because the original aerial crew did it improperly or messed up the cable/fiber, or resplice it (coax OR fiber)  -   then you should be able to charge for ANY work you do.  if not you are getting screwed by your prime - simple as that!!!!  if said work is chosen to be done for free then therein also lies the problem of "cheap labor" .   i don't do freebies unless asked by a plant manager or regional manager and i have worked with them for some time and i know they will make it up to me in the long haul......  the only other time i would do a freebie is if i were the one that screwed  it  up in the first place , and in that case - a gig is a gig and quality workmanship is and always will be a top priority in my book!  if you don't do a job right then someone else will get the work and you have to find work elsewhere - i get calls from several differrent primes and MSOs off of references just because of work quality alone and i'm only a sub-contractor. figure all that into the equation and there is a big part of the answer....
This is CABL.com posting #271674. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbiP0
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: An association is more viable than a union hookman 81 10/10/2009 7:05:32 PM