Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Return system question

For your information:
This system is in eskimo country, it is around the 58 th parallel. This system has 400 customer with about 80 % penetration for TV signal. The TV signal comes from  HITS (Headend in the Sky) and they are giving about 125 TV channels. The system has no fiber and it has about 135 Internet customers at the moment. It is a 870 MHz, that I upgraded from a 450 MHz system last year for internet service. Internet is feed by FDI (Satellite system) from Arkasas. The Internet speed is about 1.4 Mb in download. The system was upgarded during the fall last year, and boy does it get cold around here, I have seen - 48C about - 44 F. After a year of operation they have asked me to come back and give the possibility of having local TV signal from any where on the system, this is when I saw the noise level. I did the return system today from T-9  to channel 3 and so far it look good and will do more tuning-up tomorrow. The headend was mouved in the center of the system last year, it has 42 amp. on the right section and about 30 on the other section. I am planning to realing  the return system with a 2 dB slope from 40 to 5 MHz to see if I can get that noise level down a bit.
Thank all you guy from your help.
Joe 50
This is CABL.com posting #271248. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbiI8
Posted in reply to: Re: Return system question by sab3r
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Return system question sab3r 9/22/2009 4:49:17 PM
Re: Return system question RadioMan 9/19/2009 1:42:49 AM