Create your free account now! Sign up

I am so tired of this

I am proud of the White house today. They denied Wilson was motivated by race. They realize what so many are willing to accuse. That Wilson's outburst was NOT race related. I am tired of some reporter out there calling anyone saying anything about Obama or his health care plan a racist. Can we not just disagree with the man? I couldn't care less if he was from Mars. I do not disagree with most of his policies because he is not white. I wouldn't agree with Hillary because I haven't in the past. And G made a good point the other day with the thought that Obama and the Clintons have some kind of agreement in this healthcare thing. It wasn't said that way but that is what I got out of the statement. So I wouldn't agree with her. I guess there would be some reporter claiming anyone not agreeing with her is a sexist. IF we want racism to go away we need for idiots to stop labeling anything they want a racist motivation. They cannot read the man's mind or anyone else's.

The White House on Sunday dismissed a claim by New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd that administration critics like Rep. Joe Wilson, who called President Obama a liar during his health care address to Congress, are motivated by race.

Wilson, speaking on "FOX News Sunday," also denied the allegation.

"No, no," the South Carolina Republican said when asked if Obama's skin color was an issue for him. "Hey, I respect the president. ... I have a great respect for the Obama family."

Dowd wrote in her column that Wilson's outburst Wednesday -- when he shouted, You lie," at the president for claiming his health care reform plan would not cover illegal immigrants -- convinced her that racial angst is the underlying motive among Obama critics like Wilson.

"I've been loath to admit that the shrieking lunacy of the summer ... had much to do with race," she wrote. "But Wilson's shocking disrespect for the office of the president -- no Democrat ever shouted 'liar' at W. when he was hawking a fake case for war in Iraq -- convinced me: Some people just can't believe a black man is president and will never accept it."

Dowd wrote that Wilson "clearly did not like being lectured and even rebuked by the brainy black president presiding over the majestic chamber."

Asked about the claim, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said race is not the factor.

"I don't think the president believes that people are upset because of the color of his skin," he said on CNN's "State of the Union." "I think people are upset because on Monday we celebrate the anniversary of the Lehman Brothers collapse that caused a financial catastrophe unlike anything we've ever seen."

Dowd's charge of racism is hardly the first to be leveled against administration critics.

Most recently, Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., was quoted in early September saying that "bias" and "prejudice" are behind a lot of the public opposition to health care reform.
This is CABL.com posting #270207. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbisl
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: I am so tired of this Gwester843 9/14/2009 1:35:06 AM
perception is reality lazarust326 9/13/2009 9:46:59 PM
Re: I am so tired of this JD42596 9/13/2009 7:37:05 PM
Re: I am so tired of this thetyrone 9/13/2009 7:36:20 PM