Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: unprofessional appearance

When basements are out of the question, a communications center with an unobstructed access anywhere but the attic or a crawl space is appropriate. This should include an AC power source and ample room. If the home is 1.5 million, I can't imagine why it couldn't be in the budget.

Why anyone thinks with new construction, an attic, that gets to well over 120 degrees consistently and much hotter at times, is a good place for the low voltage lines to meet is beyond any logical reasoning!!!! And then they won't even put it by the access much of the time! People do die in attics .... they get very hot. With post wiring, you have to do what you can .... but prewiring?!?!?!?!?!

But then "electricians" have been butchering low voltage prewires for many decades.

If someone is tied to a certain geographical location for an extended period of time, then it's nice to have some sort of an education campaign. I mean it just makes it easier for everyone, if whoever actually does the work, can have a basic concept of what they should be doing.

Just my general thoughts.

This is CABL.com posting #269671. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbijH
Posted in reply to: Re: unprofessional appearance by 3WGInstallations
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: unprofessional appearance 3WGInstallations 9/10/2009 5:58:19 PM