Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Slow down brothers and count to 10

What gives me great concerns over this whole thing is not because Obama is black or a democrat. It is because of the whole scene around him. Rev Wright, Van Jones, Cass Sunstein, Mark Lloyd, Bill Ayers, Sal Alinsky, David Axelrod, John Holdren etc etc etc. How many people in his cabinet are so out of touch with my beliefs is incredible. And I do not believe I am alone in this feeling. I full admit I did not vote for Obama. But in the presidents own words, he said to judge his administration on the basis of who he puts in it, and after doing so I am lets say less than thrilled.

And we all know where the teachers unions stand on there view of Obama. I don't trust their judgment on what is acceptable or unacceptable on this matter at all. And the original "lesson plan" that came out with this is worrisome too. Have the child write a letter detailing what they can do to help the president. A 5 to 12 year old is being recruited to get politically active. No alarms there either right.

And then when parents asked for a copy of what would be read in the speech, and when they asked to be present during the speech, it was turned down flat. Why? What is the harm in that? Why the secrecy? Do you not review the books your kids get issued for the year when they bring them home the first time. How do you undo what is done by this speech after it is done and you have no record of what was said?

Just like many of the controversies that surround the administration now, most of them could be eliminated with the simple release of detailed information the is completely in the control of the administration. Their refusal is what gives most people pause. Lets be honest, most of them in recent history lie through their teeth with a smile. I can make up my own opinions on this far easier than a 12 yr old. I will teach my children the ways of the world and when they are mature enough, they can then do it for themselves. I do not want or need the government to give political dissertations to my kids.
This is CABL.com posting #268834. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbh6c
Posted in reply to: Slow down brothers and count to 10 by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message