Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please?

I have to disagree with some of what you say. It is always on the provider to provide the service sold. Passing the blame on up the chain imo is a cop-out by the provider. Example it is the provider who buys the large chunk of bandwidth then basically resells it at profit. If there is a problem upstream from the provider its the providers responsibility to have it corrected and not pass the buck. I see what you are saying and in a sense you are correct the problem may well be upstream but the customer should complain to and correctly expect the provider to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
 Any isp worth their salt should have #1 20% overhead of available bandwidth at peak load any less is greed plain and simple. Also any isp worth purchasing from will be able to monitor the qos of their backhaul and quickly resolve any issues,anything less is just poor operating procedures imo.
  From time to time an isp may have their backhual overloaded due to growth of new subs and may for a small usually less than 3 weeks max time have to wait themselves for a bandwidth upgrade.
 All that said the op may be experiencing any or all of the above or any of the other reasons so thoughtfully explained by others. Speed issues can be attributed to so many different things its almost impossible for us to diagnose at a distance with out much more information than a customer can provide us.
 I would say for him to call in a sc and evalute the providers response,if the matter isnt resolved in a reasonable amount of time then he may chose to seek service elsewhere.
 This is one of the better sites to help the op with testing. Click the tools tab for tests and check their forums for local isp issues.http://www.dslreports.com/
This is CABL.com posting #267725. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhOj
Posted in reply to: Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please? by RadioMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Speed of upload and download Info Please? RadioMan 8/31/2009 3:58:25 AM