Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250

I assume you have a Harley. The only reason someone offered you more for the bike than it is worth is because of the whole Harley mentality that its made in the USA and it is better(which should be true). Since it is a 78 I'm sure it leaks oil and makes alot of noise. Harley's make a better bike today than they ever have and that is not saying much, I would take a Honda Gold wing (also made in the USA) over any Harley if I was going to make a trip across the country on it. I ride sportbikes and I do alot of track days I don't see any Harley's out there or many buells the fastest things to come out of the Harley factory are the V Rod and the buell 1125 neither of which Harley could engineer and build the motors for. As far as performance goes Harley is decades behind Japan, the 250 ninja that you are dogging makes almost as much horsepower and a 1200 sportster and weighs and coast about half as much. I know that you are going to say that Harley's are not made for speed but why are all the Harley guys trying to make them faster. Most of the Harley's I see on the road are just for bar hopping (great ideal drink and ride a bike) and making a regular overweight guys feel like a bad ass on the weekend. Also if you think that your Harley is 100% made in the USA then you deserve to pay $20000 for a high maintenance bike that shakes you to death and handles like a turd. Also Honda makes a Jet that I would have no problem riding in, if Harley had a plane would you ride in it?
This is CABL.com posting #267613. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhMv
Posted in reply to: Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250 by hookman 81
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250 hookman 81 8/30/2009 2:27:55 AM
Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250 hookman 81 8/30/2009 2:17:44 AM