Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: OK this is going way too Far

Listen, I am not at all saying welfare has no place in this world. It is a safety net though not a way of life. When I first got sick, I lost my health insurance because I could not work for over a year. I was on medicaid during that time. But I had no desire to make it permanent. A,  the insurance is not all that good except for prescription drugs and B, very few doctors accept it. But I see people who spend their entire lives trying to work the system to get everything for free.

What puzzles me is, what the government gives out isn't all that much. Even if you were on section 8 housing medicare food stamps and cash assistence you are talking about 3000.00 a month for a family of 4. I can make 3000 in a week working. I don't get why people don't want to strive to better themselves to be on the gov't tit.

And as far as the cities having the most welfare cases, that is because of the pols too. When they first set up the current system during JFK's admin, you had to go to the county courty house to get the check. Philadelphia, Baltimore etc. They wanted people top move out of the farmland and into the cities because there they would be more likely to vote dem. Nothing in politics is left to chance.
This is CABL.com posting #265684. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhho
Posted in reply to: Re: OK this is going way too Far by superlinedog
There are 0 replies to this message