Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Wonder if others has same issue

As an employer, I will let you know that the CableTV and telephone companies are starting to require that contractors perform background and/or drug tests.  It's a liability and preventive issue.  If you are not hired and you are told you didn't pass the background, they should provide a copy of the results to you. I'm not sure, but you might have to pay for the report (I know I have to pay for the reports).  If you tell the employer that you don't have a record and background check proves otherwise, that could jeopardize your employment, too.  For example, I have hired guys with records for jobs that didn't require background checks. However, it depended on the record.  If someone has been convicted of burglary, for example, I am probably not going to hire that person to go inside someone's house to install anything.  Just my opinion.  But this business is lean, and I can't afford to have a problem like that come up, especially knowing I could have avoided the problem.
All that said, I know lots of companies have less-strict hiring requirements, but then I also think a lot of them are the ones who like to jack around with paychecks....
Anyway, good luck to you.

This is CABL.com posting #265057. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbg7h
Posted in reply to: Wonder if others has same issue by cabledawg71874
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Wonder if others has same issue KeeperofSecrets 8/13/2009 3:09:43 AM