Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Health Care In America

Thank you Ty. This is what I would like to see more of... intelligent debate on this issue. You are spot on with the rising cost of an ER visit and I also do not want to be forced into medicaid. As it stands now my doctor can fight with my HMO as to what medicine or procedure he wants to prescribe and can get his way sometimes. Under the current bill if passed in to law there will be no fight the government will tell your doctor what to prescribe medicine, procedures etc... this bill has some great ideas but the other shit that is shoved into it just sucks. This bill needs a lot of work before it makes good sense, and as for a 4 hour ER visit I have had the misfortune of having to go to an ER in a foreign country. It was 23 hours before I was admitted and in the end I got decent treatment but one of my co-workers was not so lucky. I had kidney stones which is fairly easy to treat most of the time. My co-worker had a compound fracture of the lower leg. After surgery and 5 days in the hospital he was put on a plane and sent back to the states. His Doctor here in Pensacola had to redue the entire operation in order to re-set his leg correctly. I am very sympathetic to the family of the 17 year old California girl but if she had government health care as proposed in this bill she may very well have died just waiting for the bone marrow transplant. I guess my point is our current health care sytem is not perfect but it is the best in the world. 
This is CABL.com posting #264470. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgXO
Posted in reply to: Re: Health Care In America by thetyrone
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Health Care In America thetyrone 8/8/2009 7:36:56 PM
Re: Health Care In America thetyrone 8/8/2009 7:36:55 PM