Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: well I am fair if nothing else

Does free health care sound nice?  Of course...
Would I like free health care?  Of course...

But not at the expense of my principles.  If you take any social argument to it's core it all comes down to one simple debate regarding the use of force.  Either you believe it is right for the government to use force on productive citizens to benefit unproductive citizens or you don't.  There is no middle ground, no compromise.  I do not believe it is right to use force on productive free people to benefit unproductive free people.  I oppose free health care because it runs afoul with my principles.

There are major problems and they need major principled solutions.  If you do not agree with the use of force on free productive people then a very appealing solution could be a free market.  Considering no society is perfect, I will continue to believe the rule of law and true free markets have the potential to do the most good for the most people using the least amount of force.

Good solutions:
1.  Give a sound currency back to the American people.
2.  Completely get the government out of the market place in order to allow free markets to work to their fullest potential.

Americans are generous and giving.  There is free health care via charity in this country.  There could be a lot more if we were a wealthy producing country again.

Need some unscheduled time off? Just say no
This is CABL.com posting #263264. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgEm
Posted in reply to: Re: well I am fair if nothing else by califcamper
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: well I am fair if nothing else sab3r 7/29/2009 9:39:26 PM