Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable TV Workers Trained To Spy On Citizens

No offense taken. Of course I don't walk down the street with my speaker on, but I'm also not so paranoid that I think the govt. is going to listen to me on the phone....they have no reason to. Why would they care what the average American like me has to say? For the sake of debate let me ask you this...how would you feel if it was confirmed through cell phone conversations that a couple of kids were planning to shoot up a school that your children were in? Or that the hijacking of the plane your parents were flying cross country to visit you in was avoided?  Don't get me wrong here. I'm as much for the bill of rights as most people but I do feel that if the govt. felt the need to listen to someones conversation because they were planning an attack or about to shoot up a school or dealing meth to my kids then I'm all for whatever it takes to try and stop it. Even if it means listening in on phone calls. I don't think anyone here could honestly say that god forbid something bad like I mentioned was going to happen to them or their family they wouldn't want it stopped at all cost.  I know we could play the what if game all day long and my examples my be extreme but that's how I feel about it. It could happen. The bad guys use cell phones to plan bad things everyday. I have no problem with the good guys (I use the term good guys loosely) using the same tools to reverse the whip if need be.

By the way...my wife is a life long die hard Steeler fan. Half our office is Cowboys stuff...the other half Steeler stuff. Don't tell anyone but I was glad to see them win the Super Bowl...I know that's blasphemy for a Cowboy fan to say but the wife was happy so I was happy. 
This is CABL.com posting #262989. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgzV
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable TV Workers Trained To Spy On Citizens by cablemn86
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Cable TV Workers Trained To Spy On Citizens cablemn86 7/28/2009 8:46:12 AM